Friday, September 27, 2013

Help Nayan, help a dream come true

Achiever of GPA-5 in both Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examinations under humanities group, Nayan Hossain now faces uncertainty about higher education due to financial hardship.
He passed the SSC from Mostabapur High School in 2011 and HSC from Shahid Nur Ali College in Kaliganj upazila of the district this year.
“I started private tuition to manage my schooling cost when I was in class seven. Before my HSC examinations I worked in other’s crop fields to manage the fees for filling up form,” said Nayan.
“Now I need to get myself admitted to a quality coaching centre to prepare well for admission test to join the university. But it needs Tk 7000 for admission and coaching fee per month Tk 3000,” said Nayan, who wants to study law or English at Dhaka University and dreams of becoming an administrator.
Nayan’s father Shahidul Islam, who works as a day labourer in crop fields, said, “My son needs financial assistance for continuation of education.”
Rashed Sattar Toru, principal of Shahid Nur Ali College, said, “Nayan is a brilliant student and we took special care of him. He bears bright prospect if he can continue study smoothly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bangladesh medical camp serving Rohingyas refugees in no-man’s land

Border Guard Bangladesh has set up a medical camp to extend support to the thousands of Rohingya refugees fleeing persecution in Myanmar, ...